25 December 2008

Christmas Presents!

What a better way to spread Christmas spirit than to show you what presents I received and drool over them with envy? (little note on that - yours are probably better :P)

1. Chloe Perfume - this had been on my Christmas list for quite a while now. To most it captures the essence of youth, confidence and free spirit, but to me the fragrance has a manly undertone hidden under it's whispy shell. The box is exquisite: a ribbed glass cuboid with silver plating and a delicate hand-tied bow. AND the campaign was with Anja Rubik, Clémence Poésy, and Chloë Sevigny; what more could you want.


2. Ski Socks - This sounds a little lame, but trust me, it's ultra cool. I'm wearing them ruched, folded over the bottom of my jeans, and they are the paramount to preppy style. These ones are from Tabio, possibly the best hosiery shop in the world, excluding Jonathan Aston


3. Books - Over the past couple of months I have become somewhat of a bookworm. Firstly I received three of Stephanie Mayers books (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse) and The Twilight Movie Companion, to go with my minor obsession over Robert Pattinson. And also I had ordered six psycology books of Amazon (stuff about unconscious thinking, lie detecting and memory techniques, it's all fascinating) so I am looking forward to worming through all of them :D

4. Sneakers - On my formal list I actually had some Orange Croc-Print Flats with a deep plunge for some extra toe-cleavage. Mais malhereusement they don't exist. Although I did find some similar ones in French Sole that were blood red, and some from London Sole. In a feeble bid to receive as many pairs of shoes as possible, I emailed my dad about these Fred Perry lace-ups and somehow my mother got hold of it and bought me them. They are beautiful (AND they're boys shoes!), but the problem is that recently I have attempted to become more formal in my dressage, and this will be difficult with grey and pink sneakers. With Christmas money I also will attempt to purchase more casual shoes (these) so the formal idea will never work out.


5. The Old Terry's Chocolate Orange - Never fails to disappoint.

6. Bumble & Bumble Curling Creme - Firstly I have to say that Bumble and Bumble are the best thing to happen to hair since hairdryers. And I have managed to find the only salon in my town of Bath which uses it. People seem to think this product is now discontinued, so I'm glad I got it when I did. A luxuriously creamy product which defines and amplifies curls (for those of you with straight hair, you don't know how hard it is to keep our locks decent).


These are my faves. Of course in 5 days time I will be receiving my delayed gift from my father, the tailors mannequin. Dad has become more sensible with each Christmas that passes by and now lets me personally order the present. I chose the leg form model so I could make shorts as well. Only one day to fix up my New Years outfit.
I hope you all had fantastic Christmases. Feel free to comment/gloat on your favourite presents, be they things you have received, or things that you have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have anything to say about that?