04 January 2009

Copy Kate

topshop has stolen my dress

It's just been taken off the website because it sold out in the sale, but I would like to let you in on the truth (or what I fantasise is the truth). In the summer I had a cocktail party for my birthday, and I made a dress for it. A beautiful tiered black satin mini with a tulle ruffle hem. And I was so chuffed with it that I wrote a letter to Topshop in August detailing my suggestion, with this very picture. I didn't honestly expect to hear back from them; it was just a whim. But sat in bed on Boxing day browsing through the sales online, I found this dress supposedly 'designed' by Kate Moss. What are the chances that they would think of a V-shaped ruffle hem too?

I then sent them an email. They replied that I had to send it to another email address, so I did. They replied saying I would have so send it to head office. My last letter I wrote to Topshop didn't have the impact it should have, so I gave up thinking that they're not too similar. But it is an odd coincidence, isn't it? If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear an objective opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment

have anything to say about that?